Saturday, June 5, 2010

Today, part one

I’m ignoring the stack of The Odyssey study guides I’m supposed to grade before Monday. Most of them are at least halfway graded, but I’m still putting it off. I’m determined.

Boys watched Saturday morning cartoons. When I was growing up, it was Ninja Turtles and Lazer Tag and He Man and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Afternoons were reserved for Transformers, GI Joe, Silverhawks, and Voltron. The boyos are watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Dora and Diego and Dinosaur Train. Ok, I can’t fault Dinosaur Train. Annnnd Max knows more Spanish than I do. I think Hudson knows more Spanish than I do.

Max, while on the potty, acts out his books while he “reads” them, so there’s never a lack of entertaining sounds from the bathroom.

Lots of procrastination on my part while anxiously awaiting the arrival of Oma, aka MIL, bka my wife’s mother. She is a wonderful woman, no fooling. She’s great to me and to her grandsons; she has been teaching Max a little bit of yoga every time she visits. It’s quite fun.

Of course, the impending doom of an in-law coming means cleaning.

So there’s that.

I hurriedly watered the garden and attempted a weeding; my gardening skills are lax, so I didn’t know if I was pulling up grass or weeds or an unmarked veggie, so I let it all rest. I put up some garden stakes, but I need some twine or clothesline to keep Tuckerdog from excavating, trampling, and causing a vegetable holocaust.

Hudson, diaperless, plays with trains. He’s getting a tunnel for Summer vacation. He loves his trains so.

Auditions part deux are today. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment